Monday, March 14, 2011

Is this is Something that we Call ‘Shaadi’?

I remember the last time he said “This is what they call ‘Marriage’”.

He often says that he wonders why people in Indian society consider marriage as a liability and burden where we both have united to share the happiness and sorrows. At the same time he defends the idea of wedding being a curse in life as the freedom of man gets lost in fulfilling his responsibilities.

Last time when he believed that his friends were right was when I merely asked him to stay on with me as it was Saturday and I wanted his presence after a daylong journey to oblige someone from his family only.

I am broken, I am lost, I am mutilated when I hear these words “My friends are right. This is what we call ‘Shaadi’ or rather they call. This is not what I came into his life for. My problem is that I want him to be with me. That is it.
Well, its not that he doesn’t give me attention. It is not that he does not spend time with me. It is only that in that new world (which is now 2 years old), there is no one who can give the calmness to my soul and this is the reason I yearn for his presence every now and then. May be because I cannot move out, hang around or have a pint of beer standing on the streets with my friends and smoke away the grudges of my life and all these Indian relationships I keep on worrying for.

And thereafter he returns with same stunning smile and an expression of apology on his face when I have also been thinking for 4 hours “This is what they call ‘Marriage’”.

The week starts with bafflement of satisfying my inner self till the next weekend and the same old story begins again. I want pleasure, I want him, I want something that he does not know or may be I also do not know.
The only thing I want is "To Be With Him" and believe “this is Something that we Call ‘Shaadi’”........

No comments:

Post a Comment